The Brooklyn Casserole Party is exactly one week away. And you still have five days to register.
If you need a little more encouragement, here are five things to expect at the Sixth Annual Brooklyn Casserole Party, happening Monday, October 25 at The Brooklyn Kitchen.
1. Camille Ford, host of the Travel Channel’s “Food Wars,” will judge your casserole, along with Corey Henderson of the Universal Records Database (URDB.org, as seen on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,) and Ann Kansfield from the Greenpoint Soup Kitchen.
2. Corey will be helping us set some casserole-related records for URDB. No word yet on whether Jimmy Fallon will be his date, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
3. New this year: the beer is lovingly provided by the Brooklyn Brewery.
4. Also new this year: since you don’t have to buy beer, I’m going to pass the Pyrex for the Greenpoint Soup Kitchen while we’re all stuffing our faces with food we probably don’t need but absolutely want. So bring your dollar bills, yo.
5. As usual, the grand prize will be a lovely Le Creuset.